TASTER PROGRAM: Maker2Market – Market Day experience
Our Maker2Market – Marketday experience is for young people (aged 10-17) who love making things, have probably been tinkering for a while and have a vision to start their own business.
This taster workshop enables young people to explore their passion and create a business through a real-world business life cycle enabling them to test the value of their products and inventions with real customers.
The three-day Maker2market – Market Day experience sees participants learn and develop a range of business skills:
- Develop a logo using online software
- Develop a product prototype from scratch
- Pitching and critique skills
- Understand the steps to take their product to market
- Create up to 30 products for market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Develop product costing and general financial literacy skills
- Develop merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participate in a real market day experience to test products with real customers at Old Bus Depot Markets.
Cost : $175 +GST
BYO your own materials or choose a $25 materials package when completing your enrolment form.
Additionally, participants will:
- Be invited to attend market days throughout the year so they can continue to test their products and skills
- Receive discounts and invitations to edii events and workshops for the next 12 calendar months
For more information, contact: Charuni Weerasooriya on 0416094172.
Did you see our Maker2Market program featured on SBS?
Courtesy of SBS - the Feed, documentary created by Simon Cunich
Griffith Community Hall, Stuart St, Griffith + Marketday @ Old Bus Depot Markets April 22, 2018