JULY HOLIDAY TASTER PROGRAM: Maker2Market – Market Day experience!
Our Maker2Market – Marketday experience is for young people (aged 10-17) who love making things, have probably been tinkering for a while and have a vision to start their own business.
Our taster program enables young people to explore their passion and experience entrepreneurship by creating a business (through a real-world business life cycle) that tests the value of their products and inventions with real customers.
The three-day Maker2market – Market Day experience sees participants learn and develop a range of business skills:
- Understand concepts of business and the steps to take their product to market
- Develop a logo using online software
- Develop a product prototype from scratch
- Pitching, critique skills and market research skills
- Create up to 30 products for market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Develop product costing and general financial literacy skills
- Develop merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participate in a real market day experience to test products with real customers at Old Bus Depot Markets.
Cost : $192.50 ( GST incl)
BYO your own materials or choose a $25 materials package when completing your enrolment form.
Additionally, participants are invited to attend market days throughout the year so they can continue to test their products and skills and also receive discounts and invitations to edii events and workshops for the next 12 calendar months.
For more information, contact: Charuni Weerasooriya on 0416094172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PARENTS SAY …
“Excellent hands-on experience, guided structure, great exposure to business concepts”
“My son loved the Maker2Market program. I was surprised how much he learned and did in just three days!”
“My daughter after doing the Maker2Market program kept asking me Why can’t school be like this?”
“The taster program was just what my daughter needed to get started … with what she learned and experienced in the program, she has backed herself and now creates her own products and is looking into creating her own website instead of taking a part-time job”
Did you see our Maker2Market program featured on SBS?
Courtesy of SBS - the Feed, documentary created by Simon Cunich
Griffith Community Hall, Stuart St, Griffith + Marketday @ Old Bus Depot Markets, Sunday, July 15, 2018