MAKER2MARKET ™ school holiday program in Canberra.
Our Maker2Market™ holiday program is for young people (aged 10-17) who love making things, have probably been tinkering for a while and have a vision to start their own business.
This taster program enables young people to experience entrepreneurship, explore their passion and create a business through a real-world business life cycle that tests the value of their products and inventions with real customers.
Over three days, participants learn and develop a range of business skills:
- Problem-solving and identifying their ideal customer
- Business concepts and steps to take a product to market
- Logo development using online software
- Prototyping and creating a product from scratch
- Pitching, critique skills and market research
- Creating up to 25 products to take to market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Developing a product costing and general financial literacy skills
- Developing merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participating in real market day experience to test products with real customers at Old Bus Depot Markets.
Cost of three-day program: $192.50 (GST incl)
+ BYO your own materials or choose a materials package when completing the enrolment form so your young person has materials when developing their prototype and desired products/product range for market day.
Upon completion of this program, participants will also receive:
- Invitations to attend market days throughout the year so they can continue to test their skills and products.
- Discounts and invitations to edii events and workshops for the next 12 calendar months
For more information, contact: Charuni Weerasooriya on 0416094172 or email: email@example.com.
CHECK OUT SOME PICS FROM PREVIOUS PROGRAMS: