MAKER2MARKET ™ school holiday program in Canberra.
Our Maker2Market™ holiday program is for young people (aged 10-17) who are creative, love making things, have probably been tinkering for a while and have the aspiration to start their own business.
This taster program builds life skills and develops crucial 21st-century skills and entrepreneurial mindset through a real-world, intensive business life cycle experience.
Over three days participants explore their passion, create a business and test the value of their products and inventions with real customers – learning and developing a range of skills:
- Problem-solving and key business concepts
- Identify an ideal customer
- Steps to take a product to market including prototyping and creating a product from scratch
- Logo creation using online software
- Pitching, critique and market research skills and experience
- Creating up to 20 products to take to market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Developing a product costing and honing financial literacy skills
- Developing merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participating in a real market day experience to test products with real customers at Old Bus Depot Markets.
Cost of three-day program: $200 ( excl GST)
+ BYO your own materials or choose a materials package when completing the enrolment form so your young person has materials when developing their prototype and desired products/product range for market day.
Upon completion of the Maker2Market program, participants will also receive:
- Invitations to attend market days throughout the year – continue to test skills and products.
- Discounts and invitations to edii events and workshops for the next 12 calendar months
For more information, contact: Charuni Weerasooriya on 0416094172 or email: email@example.com.
CHECK OUT SOME PICS FROM PREVIOUS PROGRAMS:
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: $20 off a Maker2Market course if booked before Dec 20, 2018. Use anytime in 2019. Use Code: hoho18 on checkout.