Our Maker2Market™ holiday program is for young people (aged 10-17) who are creative, love making things, probably been tinkering for a while, and have the aspiration to start their own business.
This business taster builds life and crucial 21st-century skills and entrepreneurial mindset through a real-world, intensive business life cycle experience.
Our three-day experience empowers participants to explore their passion, create a business and test the value of their products and inventions with real customers.
Learn, develop and execute a range of skills:
- Problem-solving and key business concepts
- Identify an ideal customer
- Steps to take a product to market including general prototyping and then creating a hand-made product from scratch
- Logo creation using online software
- Pitching, critique, and market research skills
- Creating up to 20 products to take to market day through an intensive Maker session.
- Developing a product costing and honing financial literacy skills
- Developing merchandising and customer sales skills
- Participating in a real market day experience to test products with real customers. Market day's include: Old Bus Depot Markets, Kingston (Cbr), Haig Park VIllage Markets, Braddon (ACT) and Eumundi Square, Sunshine Coast (QLD).
+ BYO your own materials or choose a materials package when completing the enrolment form so your young person has materials when developing their prototype and desired products/product range for market day.
Upon completion of the Maker2Market Taster program, receive:
- 12-month Pass to M2M Pick your path - attend market and/or maker days at a reduced rate to continue testing your skills and products.
- $20 Discount for M2M Taster program refresher each year
For more information, contact: Charuni Weerasooriya on 0416094172 or email: email@example.com